Resident Association Meeting November 29, 2016, at 10 am
Welcome—Thank you to this month’s coffee set-up volunteers: Marlyn & Eileen
Next month’s volunteers (Tues, December 27th, 2016): Dorothy & Eileen
# Of Residents in attendance: 35
Sunshine Report: Winnie gave report
Treasurer’s Report: 9-1-16 Balance of 642.16, Ruby family donated in her memorial 160.00, dues collected for 29.00. Balance at the end of October $831.16
Bus to Church—the bus to church leaves from the front lobby at 8:00am
Tuesday Church Services-Church services will continue to be held at 2 pm in Bertelsen Hall in Tuesdays. (The 3rd Tuesday will be communion service)
Bus trip to Grocery Store –
Monday December 5th at 9:15 am
Monday December 19th at 1:15 pm
*EVERY Wednesday 10AM EXERCISE CLASS IN BERTELSEN HALL*
Friday December 2nd: Annual Christmas Shopping in Bertelsen Hall (10-2)
Saturday December 3rd: Annual Christmas Tea w/Board in Bertelsen Hall @ 2pm – Feel free to bring a dessert to pass. Refreshments & Assorted Desserts will be served
Monday December 5th @ 9:15: Gordy’s
Friday December 9th @ 3pm: Eleanor Nelson Christmas Carols with her Accordion in Bertelsen
Monday December 12th @ 6pm: Violin’s playing Christmas music in Bertelsen
Wednesday December 14th @ 1:30pm: Dessert & Discussion w/Melinda from Valley Hearing in Bertelsen
Monday December 19th @ 1:15 pm: Gordy’s
Tuesday December 20th @ 3pm: Forever Young Choir in Bertelsen Hall
Thursday December 22nd @ 4:30pm: Christmas Lights & China Buffet!
Tuesday December 27th @ 9:30 (Fire Alarm Test) - 10am Resident Meeting
Saturday December 31st @ 5pm Annual Pizza Party in Bertelsen Hall
1. The kitchen will now be closed on Independence Day, Thanksgiving & Christmas. Please plan accordingly.
2. There is a lot of activities in December, please watch the calendar!!
3. Would you like to have the annual Pizza Party on December 31st?Mark made a motion to have a party and Beth to order the “best” deal for pizzas – Carol seconded. Passed unanimously.
4. The survey results for annual charitable giving are: Arlene made a motion to pay Bolton House, Sjourner House, & St. Francis Food Pantry each $100.00, Corky seconded the motion. The motion passed. There was discussion on how to handle the survey next year – this will be revisited in 2017. There was discussion on paying only $75 to the places in need, but the motion passed to pay $100.00.
5. Don’t forget starting January 1st 2017 meals increase to $6.75 per meal.
6. Strong Bones with ADRC will be here in January 2017 – Watch for more info
7. Please call Tim or Beth if you have questions – If it is important do not just leave a note (If you’re not sure call)
8. Eileen made a motion to pay the violin players $75.00, Marlyn seconded the motion. It passed unanimously.
9. Carol made a motion for Winnie to purchase 2 griddles for not more than $25.00/ea for Bertelsen Hall, Pat seconded the motion. It passed unanimously.
10. Eileen said the Kings Countrymen will be here in January think about if you want them on Saturday or Sunday??
Meeting Adjourned @ 11:30am