Resident Association Meeting April 26th, 2016 at 10 am
Welcome—Thank you to this month’s coffee set-up volunteers: Dorothy & Milt
Next month’s volunteers (Tues, May 28th): Marie E & Maryann W
# of Residents in attendance: 35
No resident birthdays. Staff: Barb May 21 and Jon May 30th
Treasurer’s Report: Opening balance 653.42 dues were paid 53.00 cans for 33.20, Balance ending March 3-31-16 ($739.62)
Sunshine Report: Winnie gave report
Calendar: May Calendar:
Bus to Church—the bus to church leaves from the front lobby at 8 am on Sundays and will stay for coffee time after the church service.
SUNDAY MAY 29th – BUS WILL LEAVE AT 8:30 SUMMER SERVICES START
Tuesday Church Services-Church services will continue to be held at 2 pm in Bertelsen Hall on Tuesdays.
Bus trip to Grocery Store –
May 2nd at 9:15
May 16th at 1:15
May 2nd @ 2pm – ADRC Overview
May 4th @ 4:15 – Night Out @ Lake Street Church (Mixed Casseroles)
May 23rd @ 4:15 – Night Out @ Pizza Ranch (Support the Senior Center)
May 30th: Happy Memorial Day – Office Closed
May 30th: 12pm Pot Luck in the Dining Room w/Lori and her husband J
May 31st: 10 AM - Resident Meeting
1. The foot rests are missing from the entry 3 wheel chair? Have you seen them? – Nobody has seen them but if you do, please put them back
2. The “give away table” upstairs. After 1 week please discard your items.
3. Be polite to all – guests and neighbors. Even if you disagree with your neighbor or their decisions, you do not have the right to disrespect them. Do not shout or be rude to them. If you feel they are breaking a policy please talk to Beth in the office.
4. Please make sure that you are throwing your recyclable in the right containers. If you are unsure, just throw everything away. Do not just leave it there for someone else to do it.
5. After card games please push chairs in for safety reasons.
6. There is a new doorbell for “parties” in entry 3 that rings to Bertelsen Hall
7. After the use of Bertelsen Hall, please make sure to always follow the cleaning checklist. (Vacuum, Clean tables)
8. Winnie had brought up the idea of a piano player, said she would look into it.
1. Today “Delivery Fix” is here to discuss their services and how they can help. If you want more information or pricing please stop in the office I will get you a copy.
2. Spring Maintenance is underway, please note that Tim will be meeting with you do maintenance on your apartment.
A. When Tim and Jon do spring/fall maintenance they check the dryer vents from the outside. If you feel that your dryer is not running properly please talk to Tim and he will check the vent other times during the year.
3. With severe weather season starting, if there is a tornado, Bertelsen Hall is the safest place to gather. If you cannot meet in Bertelsen Hall – please go to a lower stairwell away from windows or the basement garage under the office.
4. Make sure you are double bagging your garbage, and if you have assistance please make sure they are double bagging. Stains are very hard to remove. This is in our policies, please follow this policy.
5. I contacted the city regarding the tornado alarm – I am awaiting a phone call back. They will be addressing with me anything that can be done to help increase awareness of weather emergencies in our complex.
6. A motion passed to have Memorial Day pot luck on May 31st at 12 pm. A motion passed to pay for the meat from the resident funds for the Memorial Day pot luck.
Meeting Adjourned: 10:30, Gus from delivery fix did a presentation until 11:00 am.